CRISTIAN A. NECOCHEA
Specialist in client-side solutions and User Interface Design with a thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art web technologies and cross-browser implementation issues. Technical proficiency allows effective interdisciplinary collaboration with Designers, Developers and Engineers on design issues, while Human Factors background facilitates interaction with the User. Adept at the extraction, documentation, and application of valuable User-Centered Design direction derived from Heuristic Analysis and User Testing.
1998-present - Computer Sciences Corporation, Staff Consultant - Web Developer/Usability Engineer
NECX: Electronics & Computer Parts Trading Application
- Served in dual-capacity as Usability Engineer and Lead Web Developer in yearlong development of a high-performance DHTML Intranet application for buyers and sellers of electronics and computer parts.
- Assigned as Lead Web Developer for a team of 7 front-end developers.
- Worked closely with Java Servlet developers in the back-end integration with ATG Dynamo application server.
- Usability tasks included User observation and interviews, Usability Testing conducted at client sites, and Focus Group sessions, as well as close cooperation with the Business Analysis Team.
- Created comprehensive high-fidelity HTML prototype for proof-of-concept testing of both internal and external components during Design phase.
DataPlay: Digital Media Commerce Site
- Served as lead Usability Engineer for the Discovery and Design phases of a Java Server Pages (JSP) powered commerce site for a new digital media format and online digital content delivery.
- Optimized site information architecture and navigational design through close cooperation with the design team towards the goal of enhanced usability.
Jupiter Communications: Market Research and Strategy Services Site
- Served as lead Usability Engineer and Web Developer for the design and development of the front-end piece of Macromedia Dreamweaver Templates (DWT) integrated with Broadvision Application Server.
- Worked closely with Graphic Design and Creative Director to ensure that usability goals were met in the design of the information architecture.
CheMatch: Online Chemical Trading Application
- § Served as lead Usability Engineer for the redesign of an Active Server Pages (ASP) powered online chemical trading application.
- Produced Competitive Analysis and Best Practice documentation
- Applied conventional and dynamic client-side technologies
aimed at enhancing the User Experience.
- Demonstrated advanced User Interface concepts through rapid
prototyping of functional front-end HTML screens in addition to producing
e-STEEL: Online Steel Trading Application
- Served as lead Usability Engineer for a Broadvision-powered
Online Steel Exchange.
- Authored Usability Test Plan and conducted off-site Usability
Testing of industry employees with the prototype application. Analysis and
documentation of usability findings through the use of videotaped observation
and post hoc questionnaires drove the iterative design of the application.
- Close cooperation with the Web Development team, Engineering
team and Business Analyst ensured that a thoughtful, innovative approach was
undertaken for the design of the web trading application.
- Coded HTML templates of the final iterations of the application
JCALS: Military Workflow Management Application
- Worked with Usability Engineering staff to redesign interface
of the web-version of a Workflow Management client-server application.
- Conducted interviews with designers and beta-testers and
performed Requirements Analysis to develop a web-optimized solution.
- Completed graphic design, HTML coding, and Usability documentation
for the final prototype.
CSC Sources 2000: Corporate Knowledge Management Repository
- Worked with Usability Engineering Group to prepare User Requirements
Analysis documentation for the Project Style Guide.
- Identified the User Profile and Platform Constraints, performed
Contextual Task Analysis, and set benchmarks for quantitative and qualitative
Usability goals using a Usability Engineering Lifecycle methodology.
- Developed and deployed User questionnaires and compiled responses.
- Produced a Statement of Work and a Project Plan for the ongoing
design of the corporate repository of reusable knowledge assets.
1997 - Delta Technology, Inc., a subsidiary of Delta Airlines,
Usability Engineer, Atlanta, GA.
Hangar Maintenance Control Application
- Participated in the iterative design of a hand-held maintenance application
for Aircraft Mechanics and Inspectors.
- Conducted User Review sessions with the User population,
Usability testing of interim versions on multiple platforms, and Hardware
testing for the purpose of vendor review.
- Used Rapid Prototyping for quick turnaround of interface
changes based on User input.
Usability Engineering Intranet
- Helped design and develop the Delta Technology Usability
Engineering Intranet site.
- Conducted formal usability testing, performed statistical
analysis, and submitted findings to Steering Committee.
- Created low-fidelity prototypes and presented designs to
Platforms: Windows 95/98/NT/2000, Mac OS 7.x-8.x, UNIX (AIX, Solaris)
Software: MS Office 97/2000 suite, Lotus Notes R4.6-5, Macromedia Flash 4.0, MS Internet Explorer 4.x-5.x, Netscape Navigator 3.x-6x, Opera 3.6, Adobe Photoshop 5.5, Adobe ImageReady 2.0, Macromedia Fireworks 2.0, MS Visual Source Safe 6.0, Real Producer G2, Macromedia Dreamweaver 2.0, Macromedia Dreamweaver UltraDev, Allaire Homesite 4.5.1, ATG Dynamo Control Center, UltraEdit-32, WS-FTP, Visio Professional, CADKEY, Pro/Engineer
Foreign Languages: Fluent in French and Spanish
M.S. Candidate from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy
Major: Human Factors Engineering, GPA: 3.44/4.00
B.A. 1995 from Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
Major: Psychology, with a concentration in Cognitive
Science, GPA: 3.36/4.00
AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Youth Lacrosse Coach with experience ranging from Mites development league to High School Varsity players. Year-round involvement as player in local lacrosse leagues.
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
Psi-Chi: Psychological Honor Society
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST