Andrew A. MacDougall
A geographic information systems position where strong computer skills and
analytical thinking will be valued.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Background includes extensive use of computers since early 1980s in personal, educational and professional settings.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Computer skills include ArcInfo, ArcView, Maptitude, AutoCAD, Microstation, Object Oriented Programming, MS Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Corel Office Suite, Windows 9x/ NT, HTML.
City of Charlotte
Winter 2000 –
Business Systems Specialist for the Storm Water Services department. Serves as the main GIS liason for the department. Use GIS daily for analysis, presentation, etc., etc. Work with large datasets using spatial database engine (SDE) . Provides computer and network support to coworkers. No-supervision environment. Implemented numerous new technologies to maximize department productivity. Self-motivated, seek out new software platforms and teach myself during slower periods. Write new programs to maximize effeciency. See data in a new more effective way.
US Bureau of the Census. Charlotte, NC
Fall 1996- Winter 2000
GIS Specialist for the Geography Department, duties encompass work in all Census Bureau geographic and mapping projects, as well as assisting with the upkeep of the computer systems. Primary responsibility is to acquire and process Geographic Information Systems data for updating Census TIGER files. Maintains the hardware and software for PCs, Silicon Graphics workstations, as well as Hewlett Packard printers and plotters. Serves as the backup Unix administrator. Designed and administers a Charlotte Geography Department intranet site. Promoted twice in nineteen months from cartographic aide to lead geographic assistant to GIS specialist based on excellent job performance.
Fall 1998. Three day AutoCAD LT 98 by Comtrex Corp. in Charlotte, NC.
Fall 1998. Two day Unix Administration by Census Bureau in Suitland, MD.
Summer 1999. Five day ArcInfo for Workstations by ESRI, Charlotte, NC
Fall 1991 - Spring 1995
- Bachelors of Science in Landscape Architecture, Cum Laude, GPA: 3.28
- Recipient of the American Society of Landscape Architects National Merit Award.
- Member of Golden Key National Honor Society and Honor Society of Sigma Lambda Alpha.
Photography, bartending, foreign languages, reading, lacrosse.
updated April 2000